DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION – SAK. EST.
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.” Esther 4: 14-16
THEME: DIVINE INTERVENTION
WORDS OF HOPE:
The book of Esther is the story of God’s covenant faithfulness to a people who had long been in captivity in Susa because they were covenant breakers. It was written to memorialize God’s deliverance of His children in captivity. It must be noted that it is the only book that God’s name is not mentioned but His attributes permeates the entire book. Reflect on the following:
1) The timing for Esther to become queen: From the reading, we heard Mordekai comment in verse 14 that “who knows you have been made queen for such a time as this?”. In times when Haman had plotted to destroy Jews, Esther as the queen had the responsibility of reversing this plot. It is important as Christians to recognize the purpose of our calling and act accordingly in every area we find ourselves.
2) Esther’s recognition of the divine intervention: Esther recognized the time and also where solution would come from. She asked Mordekai to gather the Jews and fast for her and though it was not her turn to go to the king, she believed after the fast, things would change for their good. It is important for us as Christians to always know where help would come from in times of challenges. It is my prayer that when we are faced with challenging moments in our lives, we would, like Esther recognize that solution can always come from the almighty only when we surrender to Him.
3) It also implies that God is sovereign and will always deliver His people through whatever means deem fit for Him.
· Pray for divine intervention in your situation.
· Ask God to always help you to depend on Him.
· Pray for deliverance from the Lord in every situation that you may find yourself.
May you receive divine intervention in the name of Jesus. AMEN 🙏🏽