DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION – SAK. EST
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers. Psalm 1: 1
THEME: YOU ARE BLESSED (1)
WORDS OF HOPE:
The psalmist begins with the phrase blessed is the man. As humans, one of the things we expect in our lives is blessings. As a result, we keep moving from one place to another all in search of blessings. Some look for it in jobs, money, new homes, cars and so on. These things are all temporal and they don’t satisfy the kind of blessings we are expecting from the Lord. In the passage the psalmist describes the person who qualifies to receive blessings from the Lord as follows;
· That person must not walk in the counsel of the wicked
· He or she must not stand in the way of sinners
· That person must not sit in the seat of mockers
It implies that the one expecting blessings from the Lord must keep himself away from people who wicked people, those who do believe in God. Also do not measure your happiness with the things you have or you do not have. They are all temporal. In this new year, if you are searching for blessings from the Lord heed to the advice by the psalmist.
· Pray that the Lord will show you how to walk.
· Pray that the Lord will help you to stand in the counsel of the righteous.
· Pray that the Lord will help you not to sit in the seat of mockers.
I pray that the blessings of God will be your portion this year in the name of Jesus. Amen 🙏🏽