John 12:24 shows us that every seed is embedded with potential. Dying releases that embedded value to benefit others. Death is a vital stage that everyone must go through to release that potential. In this context, death means to deny yourself in order to exhibit Christ. It also means not conforming to the world's standards. It also means putting to death the desires of the flesh.
Ephesians 4:20-32 enumerates the various ways that we can die with Christ:
- Stop lying. Instead, speak the truth in love.
- Be angry but do not sin. Make peace before a new day emerges. Holding on to anger gives the Devil a foothold.
- Stop stealing. Don't give room to laziness. Work hard.
- Let no corrupt words proceed out of your mouth. Abusive, profane and negative words should not come out of your mouth. The things you say should edify others.
- Stop grieving the Holy Spirit. Please Him. Pay attention to his promptings.
- Stop harboring bitterness. Forgive.
- Make it a point to avoid wickedness and malice. Be kind to one another.
Decide to die with Jesus. Pray. Live by faith and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Practice what the Word of God says. Don't just show up in church; make a conscious effort to follow Jesus.