Elijah prayed earnestly that it would not rain and it didn’t for three years and six months he prayed again and the heaven gave rain. He was a “righteous man” that is, obedient to the Lord and trusted in the Lord. God’s promises of answered prayer are for all His children not limited to a certain few. Much can be learned about prayer from this passage by observing Elijah. Let’s look at a few lessons :
1. Pray for the fulfilment of the promise (1Kings 18:1; 41)
2. Be persistent in prayer (vs 43)
3. Have faith as you pray (vs 44-45)
-Thank God that His grace has ushered you into this new month.
-Thank Him for the victories in store, for you and your family.
-Pray for forgiveness and ask God to cleanse you with His blood.
-Dedicate this month to Him, commit every day of this month into God’s hands and ask for His guidance.
-Pray for yourself and your family in line with 3 John 2 that you will prosper in all things and be in health just as your soul prospers.
-Pray about your Christian life ask God to enable you to be persistent in prayer, dedicated to His Word, committed to His work.
-Ask God to Cause you to shine that through that many will come to know Him.
-Prayer for the Church
-Pray for the Church universal that the Church will be empowered to fulfil her mandate.
-Pray for Christians facing persecution.
-Pray for sick, those in search of jobs.
-Pray for the PCG rekindling of God’s power in our midst and for God’s guidance.
-Pray for the Moderator, Clerk, GAC. All programs planned ahead of us.
-Pray for various presbyteries and Districts, Agents, Presbyters, members of the Congregations.
-Pray for empowerment from on high for the workers in the Church.
-Pray for Sakumono district, for all programs lined for our tenth anniversary.
-Pray for Hope Congregation.
-Pray that we will be committed to God and His work.
-Ask God to Stir up our passions and desires for purity, holiness and a closer walk with Him.
-Pray for all programs planned from now to the end of the year.
-Congregation Conference on Saturday fruitful deliberations, (HC) on Sunday that we will be adequately prepared....
-Prayers for the nation
-Pray for peace and stability in Ghana.
-Pray that God’s wisdom and righteousness will evident in our leaders.
-Pray that God gives them the wisdom to know what is right and the courage to do it.
-Pray for the move of God’s power over the various homes, communities and cities and the entire nation.
-Pray that God will bring moral and spiritual renewal to our nation. That citizens of Ghana will be faithful stewards unto the Lord.
1. I decree and declare God's protection over my life, my family and the church throughout this month in the name of Jesus
2. I decree and declare that my miracle will show up this month in the name of Jesus
3. I decree and declare that the hand of God is stretched towards me, my family and the Church He will bless us, empower us for every task and fulfil all His promises concerning us this month, in the mighty name of Jesus.
4. I decree and declare open doors, Greater opportunities and good news this month over my life, my family and the church in the name of Jesus.