In life we prepare ourselves for any occasion that might come our way. Such occasions might be naming and marriage ceremonies. A Christians’ preparation is toward the heavenly city.
WHY SHOULD WE PREPARE OURSELVES?
- We prepare ourselves toward the heavenly city because we are strangers on this earth.
- We are passing through this earth only once.
- As our vision and mission statement we must prepare ourselves toward the heavenly city.
HOW DO WE PREPARE OURSELVES?
- Live in the love of GOD and extend it to others. (John 12:24)
- Dwell in the peace of GOD. Show this peace in times of trials. (James 1:2)
- Prepare ultimately by the help of the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Be a doer of the WORD.As Christians we should abide by principles of the WORD of GOD. (James 1:22-24)
TOOLS TO EQUIP OURSELVES WITH ARE:
- Disciplining ourselves
- Focus all your attention on GOD. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27,Hebrews 12:1-2)
- Hard Work
Heaven is attained by prepared people and not by our good works.