EXCERPTS FROM REV. NII LANKWEI LAWSON’S TALK –‘THE CHRISTIAN AND THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME’
The Christian life is confronted with challenges in the form of tricks. There are standards that God expects every Christian to attain and this standard is the image of God (Colossians 1:15, Rom. 8:29, Gal. 4:19). The goal of every Christian youth should be to become like Christ because that was why we were created. Without that we are wasting our time.
It is not easy to be formed in the image of Christ, there are CHALLENGES. This may include:
- Relationship and Sex - Feeling for sex is normal because it shows that you are growing, but don't allow that feeling to control you.
- Homosexuality - Homosexuality is evil. It has been said that, greed normally pushes people into homosexuality.
- Office Romance -This is a big challenge as we aspire to progress in life and being part of an organization, but will you stand for the Lord or give-in to the challenge?
- Democratic tendencies - Will you just speak because you are right or you will yield to the standard of Christ?
- Technology and Media – This may include Virtual Sex (Phone sex)
- False doctrines- because people don't study the word which is available to them, they easily believe anything anyone says
How can you overcome these Challenges?
- The principle of dedication: to dedicate yourself to Christ. You must voluntarily offer yourself and your dedication must be practicable and complete (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
- The principle of Insulation
- The principle of transformation - failure to change your life from sin will cause you to miss HEAVEN.