Recap from last week….
FAITH is the substance of things HOPED for and the EVIDENCE of things NOT SEEN. It is what substantiates/actualises HOPE. Every Christian has a measure of FAITH (Rom 12:3). It comes by hearing God’s word but grows by practising what you hear (Rom 10:17). Nothing pleases God apart from your faith (Heb 11:6). The righteous SHALL live by it (Hab 2:4). It is the victory that overcomes the world (John 5:4). To make your faith work, hear God’s word and mix it with faith (Heb 4:2) and speak what you believe (2 Cor 4:13; Heb 13:5-6).
What is LOVE?
LOVE is ….
-The judgement (decision) and the deliberate assent of the will to be fond of a person as a matter of principle, duty and propriety.
-That endearing value of a person that gives you a sense of his or her importance to you.
-Being well pleased with another person.
- Every Christian has the capacity and quality of God’s LOVE. Rom 5:5 & 2 Tim 1:7
- Love is superior to knowledge. Eph 3:18-19
- Love is greater than faith & hope. 1 Cor 13:13
- Nothing can separate us from God’s Love. Rom 8:35-39
GOD’S LOVE IN ACTION…
- God’s LOVE is multi-dimensional…… it’s
- WIDE; Extent or reach of coverage (the whole world). John 3:16
- LONG; Greatness. Ps 103:10-12
- DEEP; Intensity, Extreme. Eph 2:4-5
- HIGH; Height, beyond comprehension
OUR LOVE IN ACTION
- We demonstrate our love for God by:
- Obeying His commandments. John 14:15,21 & 15:10,12
- Loving one another – valuing each other. John 13:34 & 15:9
- Giving to Him
IT PAYS TO LOVE
- All things work together (team up) for the good of those who love God. Rom 8:28
- We’re filled with the fullness of God. Eph 3:18
- We receive surprises from God. 1 Cor 2:9
- Let our Love for God and each other abound more and more in knowledge. Phil 1:9
- That we be rooted and grounded in Love. Eph 3:18-19