DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION–SAK. EST
TODAY’S VERSE: PHILIPPIANS 1: 9-11
THEME: PRAYER FOR THE PHILIPPIAN CHURCH
WORDS OF HOPE:
Paul in these verses uttered a number of prayers for the church in Philippi. The prayer points are as follows:
• That they may abound in love: that they already loved God was evident in their lives. But Paul prayed that this love might abound to flow in abundance. To increase our love for God will generate in us love for His word and prayer. This will automatically cause us to love our neighbours.
• Increase in-depth of knowledge: in Hosea 4:6, the scripture says “my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”. Indeed, it was very essential for the church in Philippi to increase in knowledge so as not to be deceived by others. Increasing in the knowledge of God will cause us to be firmly rooted in the Lord.
• Ability to discern what is best: every day, we are faced with myriad of choices not just between good and bad, but between good and better, and between better and best and it is not always an easy task to decide which direction to take. You can only choose right if you have the knowledge of God. What we need more than anything else today is spiritual sensitivity to be able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘best’ and thus, give our approval to those things that are excellent.
• Pure and blameless awaiting the day of the Lord: by this, the Philippians will be ready, waiting for the Lord.
• Filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ:
Paul was praying for them to bear fruit that will be worthy of emulation. Our world will be better if believers are doing things right everywhere.
Assess your life with the following questions:
Do you love God?
How is your knowledge in God?
Are you able to discern the best?
Are you pure?
Are you blameless?
Are you righteous through Christ?
• Pray to increase in love for God.
• Pray to increase in knowledge and to be able to choose the best.
• Pray to live a blameless life.
May the God of all grace fill your heart and soul with His love and to live a blameless life. Amen