DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION–SAK. EST
TODAY’S VERSE: PSALM 55:22
THEME: CAST YOUR BURDEN UPON THE LORD
WORDS OF HOPE:
A story is told of a man trudging along a road with a large heavy bag. Along came a farmer with his wagon who offered the man a ride. The man gratefully accepted and climbed on. Interestingly, though seated in the wagon, he preferred to carry his heavy bag on his lap despite the farmer’s urging that he put his bag down. He replied, “Oh no sir, you have been kind enough to give me a ride, I cannot expect you to carry my burden as well.”
Many believers are like this man from the story. When we have setbacks from challenging and trying situations, we hold on to them and try to deal with them ourselves and do not go to the Lord in prayer and trust Him with our burdens.
In Psalm 55:22 and 1 Peter 5:7 the invitation is open to cast all, not some but all, of our burdens unto the Lord. When we trust the Lord with our burdens we trust in His assurance that all things would work out well according to His divine plan and power. We also take hold of His promises that
(1) He will sustain us, giving us the supply and support through the Holy Spirit.
(2) He will not permit the righteous to be moved. Even in the worst of situations, the peace of God would rule our hearts and minds and though we may fall, we shall not be utterly cast down.
(3) He cares for us. God cares about our present, our future and the things we care about. Indeed the plans He has for us are good and gives us hope and a future (Jer. 29:11)
Today, what do you have troubling your mind? Tell it to the Lord and trust Him to settle you.
• Thank the Lord for how He has demonstrated His love and care for you through every situation
• Trust the Lord with any burden on your heart and mind.
• Commit yourself to fervent prayer
Lord, I thank you for your sustaining power, I place my burdens into your hands trusting that you will deal with them and see me through. Amen