DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION–SAK. EST
TODAY’S VERSE: John 14:13-14; 16:23-24
THEME: PRAY IN THE NAME OF JESUS (1)
WORDS OF HOPE:
Have you ever wondered why we pray in the name of Jesus? Pause. Try and answer that for yourself before you continue reading.
From our reading today, Jesus invites us to pray in His name and we pray in His name because
(1) His name is our authority. We identify with Him and through this union with Christ, He has given us His name by which we can ask anything from God.
(2) His name gives us access. When we pray in the name of Jesus, we are able to come boldly into the presence of God because we believe in His name (Eph. 3:12). That is the same name that God Himself has exalted to be a name above every other name (Phil. 2:9). We put aside our own names which are by themselves powerless and take on His mighty name.
(3) His name shows our dependence on Him. Just as Christ prayed in accordance with the will of the Father and demonstrated absolute dependence on Him whilst on earth, when we pray in His name, we bring our petitions to God our Father, through Christ, trusting that they will be answered according to the will of God.
Praying in the name of Jesus is then an active reminder of the power and privilege the believer has to bring a matter before God and trust that they will not only be heard but also answered.
• Thank the Lord for the authority we have in the name of Jesus
• Ask the Holy Spirit to help you always remember the power and privilege you have as a believer to come before God in prayer over any matter.
• Seek God`s directions in your decision making
Lord, let your will be done in my life and over any matter, I bring before you. Amen