DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION–SAK. EST
TODAY’S VERSE: DANIEL 6:10
THEME: A LIFESTYLE OF PRAYERFULNESS (2)
WORDS OF HOPE:
“He [Daniel] knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.” When we first learn of Daniel, he was a young captive in Babylon along with his friends. (Dan. 1). At the time of today’s passage, Daniel was more than eighty years and his habit of prayer was still going strong!
You may ask, how can I start and maintain a daily habit of prayer like Daniel?
(1) Keep a time of prayer. To foster a habit we must make it routine. Make time for the Lord, at least some ten minutes of your day. Perhaps immediately you wake up from bed. Add it as the next thing or the preceding thing you do before something you always do!
(2) Create the space. When you are in a loud place and you receive a call, you find someplace quiet to hear what your caller is saying, not so? You are seeking a personal audience with God, find a place where you are by yourself, where you can talk to Him and hear from Him. Make it your meeting place. (Gen. 19:27)
You may ask, what should I talk to God about? Everything. Even though He knows all things He still wants us to talk to Him about anything and everything. He listens. He speaks. He wants to build a relationship where we can learn to trust Him in every season of our life. He is not far from us and wants to be involved in our daily lives! For in Him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28).
• Thank the Lord for the encouragement we have received today to seek a daily personal audience with Him
• Ask the Holy Spirit to help you create and keep the time you are setting aside to talk to God every day
• Pray for the grace to cultivate a prayer lifestyle
Lord, thank you for the privilege and the joy to be in your presence. Help me to always look forward to spending moments with you in trust and expectation. Amen