DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION–SAK. EST
TODAY’S VERSE: JAMES 4:1-10
TOPIC: PURIFY YOURSELF – 2
WORDS OF HOPE:
We understand from yesterday’s reading why and how we are to purify ourselves. Today, let us look at some practical ways of how we can purify ourselves and be well prepared for the coming of our Lord.
• Conflicts: Most believers are quarrelsome to the extent of even fighting and quarrelling in the church. This is not a mark of one who is walking in the light. Avoid conflicts.
• Motives: Our motives and intuitions for some of our desires are so evil. Unhealthy competitions are sometimes the intentions of doing certain things. Are the motives of your actions pure?
• Friendship with the world: Our behaviours at the workplace, school, home, the community does not portray that we are followers of Christ. We have conformed to the patterns and systems of this world, instead of bringing change to it as salt and light of the earth (Matt. 5:13-16). We are called not to love this world.
• Pride: God oppose the proud but gives grace to the humble therefore humble yourself as and He will lift you up.
To be able to walk in the light of God, we must submit ourselves totally to God. Our hearts must be away from this world and be focused on Him. We must resist the thoughts of evil the devil brings to our minds. We must stay near to Him in prayer, studying and meditating upon the word.
• Thank God for the forgiveness of sins we have received through our faith in the finished work of Christ Jesus on the cross.
• Pray for the grace to live in total submission to the Lord.
Help us, Lord, to walk in the light as you are in the light in Jesus name. Amen