DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION–SAK. EST
TODAY’S VERSE: COLOSSIANS 3: 5-17
THEME: PUT TO DEATH THE OLD SELF AND PUT ON THE NEW SELF
WORDS OF HOPE:
Paul began addressing the Colossian Church to put to death their earthly nature. He outline the following as belonging to the earthly nature; sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, anger, rage, malice, slander, filthy language and do not lie to each other. These are the traits of those who are still walking in the dark.
We have been redeemed from such things and we are not expected to live to the standard of the new status in the Lord. In the language of Paul, we are to put on the new self. Clothe yourselves with; compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, Forgiveness and Love.
Identify where you fall short and start asking the Lord to help you live to glorify the Lord. To be able to apply these to once life, there is the need to do the following;
• Live at peace with yourself and all people: The peace of God is not subjected to the challenges of this world. It is something that comes from above. In Romans 12:18 we read, if it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Our example of peace can be a witness and invitation to the world. This will showcase our new life to others
• Give thanks to God in all circumstances: Know that as a believer, all things shall work together for your good thus the need to give God all the praise at all times. Let all your actions give praise to the Lord.
• Allow the word of God to dwell in you richly: make time to meditate on the word of God. How often do you reflect on God’s word?
• Pray for the grace to put off the old self.
• Identify a character that has become difficult for you to put to death and pray about it.
• Pray to put on the new self.
I pray in the name of Jesus every character in my life that does not give glory to God is giving way now. Lord, I put on the new self and I desire to be at peace with all people. Amen