The 2019 edition of the Hope Congregation Excellence Awards came off on Sunday, December 29, 2019 during the third service held at Sakumono-Estates. The awards scheme was instituted to reward excellence in every field of endeavour in the congregation.
In all, 24 individuals were awarded for their academic, career and commitment to church development and growth. Check out the full list of winners from the Excellence Awards Church Service.
ACADEMIC AND CAREER EXCELLENCE
1. Miss Adwoa Adubea Adu-Amaning – Sterling Performance 2019 WASSCE Examinations
2. Owen Odonkor Adantey – winning two top awards at the 2019 ACCA UK professional exams
3. Dr Kofi Ampomah Benefo – Obtaining PhD from University of Ghana
4. Micheal Ofori Akuffo – Winner 2019 World CIO Summit Ghana
5. Mr George Ofosuhene – three times winner, CIMG ultimate award
6. Mr Joseph Boadi Danquah- Men’s Fellowship
7. Madam Esther Adobea – Women’s Fellowship
8. Mrs Gloria Nyanteh- YAF
9. Miss Esther Okuley- Commitment to Junior Youth Choir
10. Madam Beatrice Ayongo Narteh- Posthumous Award in recognition of selfless dedicated service to the Children Service
11. Mr Benjamin Israel Koblah Abban Jnr – Junior Youth Leadership
12. Miss Princessa Locosa Nartey – Commitment to Brigade
13. Mrs Cornelia Amoateng – Dedication to Bible Study and Prayer Group
14. Dr Edmund Kyei Akoto-Danso – Audio Visual Unit
15. Mr George Appiah – Ushering Department
16. Madam Mary Adumea – Church Choir
17. Miss Afua Oye Addo – Royals of Hope
18. Madam Dorothy Akuffo – Kotobabi Preaching Point
19. Mr Emmaneul Kwadwo Nhyirapa – Emef Preaching Point
20. Mrs Ama Boatemaa Asante – New Members Class
21. Mr Eugene Koranteng-Asante – Congregational Bible Studies
22. Mr Kwesi Awuku Asante- Guest Organist (1st Service)
23. Mr Eric Kwadwo Agyei- Voluntary Service/ Schorlarship Scheme/ Stewardship of the Brigade/ YAF/ Campus Ministry
24. Ms Bernice Laako- Natue
The Resident Minister, Rev. Emmanuel Obeng Ntow on behalf of the session commended the committee for a good job done. He also thanked the congregation for their continuous support for the church and its agents throughout the year. He called for stronger family bond and understanding even as the church observed family Sunday.
Mr Eric Agyei on behalf of the award winners expressed appreciation to the committee and church leadership for the honour done them and dedicated the awards to their respective families.
He expressed the hope that they will continue to serve the lord so that even as they have received the award before people, it will also please God and obtain the blessing from God.