The Children’s Service has been in existence since Hope Congregation started as a church.The vision of the Children’s Ministry of the PCG is “That every child will grow up a Christian, in the home, community and Church, where his/her developmental needs are met in a holistic manner.
The mission of the Children’s Ministry of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana is to work in partnership with others to:
- Bring children into the saving knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; and
- Nurture them to grow physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually, into Christian maturity.
In order to achieve this mission, it is the objective of the ministry
- That the unsaved child is won for Christ.
- That the child develops his/her full potential in life.
- That the saved child is regularly assured of his/her salvation and grows up into maturity.
- That the needs of needy children within and outside the Church are met.
- That unsaved parents and guardians are reached for Christ.
- That Christian parents and guardians are educated on how to bring up their children as Christians.
- That the rights and needs of Children are promoted in the Church and in society at large.
Our motto is “Train up a child in the way he should go” Proverbs 22:6 (KJV) and Our Slogan (Greeting) is “Let the Children to come unto me, and do not stop them…”
Children’s Service Groups
We have Children’s Service every Sunday for children below the age of twelve years.
Children are grouped for effective teaching as follows:
- Toddlers – pre-school class (up to 3years old)
- Beginners – nursery class (4 – 5years old)
- Primary – lower primary class (6 – 8years old)
- Junior – upper primary class (9 – 12years old)
We have three (3) services. The 1st starts at 0600hrs, the 2nd starts at 0730hrs and the 3rd starts at 0930hrs.
Teachers: We have dedicated teachers who are always developing in knowledge to teach the children the
true Word of God. We welcome every adult (male and female) from YPG, YAF, Men’s and Women’s fellowships to join us teach the children, who are the future of the Church.
Teachers meet every Thursday at 1900hrs at the Church premises.
You can contact the Children’s Service President, Papa Kwasi D. Dako on 024 272 9054