DAILY WORDS OF HOPE
BY PCG, HOPE CONGREGATION–SAK. EST
TODAY’S VERSE: JOHN 16:13-14
THEME: THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (PART 2)
WORDS OF HOPE:
In our previous study, we saw that, the Holy Spirit, like any person has a presence, guides us and also speaks. The more we know Him, acknowledge Him and fellowship with Him, we will understand His personality the more.
In His book, ‘Welcome Holy Spirit’, Benny Hinn illustrates some characteristics of the Holy Spirit as a person.
- The Holy Spirit has intellect – Like any other person, the Holy Spirit has a mind hence can think; reason, remember, has the ability to explore, examine and search. The Holy Spirit is knowledgeable and therefore searches the deep things of God and makes known to us. (1 Cor. 2:10-11).
- The Holy Spirit has a will-He gives diversities of spiritual gifts as He wills (1 Cor. 12:11). We are therefore subject to the direction of the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit has emotions- Like any other person, the Holy Spirit is a person with feelings and heart. He can love and be grieved.
God manifests His love by His Spirit (Rom. 5:5).
Paul wrote; “Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ’s sake and for the love of the Spirit (Rom. 15:30). As one understands the personality of the Holy Spirit, he/she will love and fellowship with Him. Let Him lead and guide us and we’ll not lie, insult, blaspheme, resist and quench Him in our lives. Get the understanding now and fellowship with Him.
• Pray that God will help you to accept the person of the Holy Spirit in your life.
• Pray acknowledging the Holy Spirit as your friend whom you will walk with.
• Pray for the Holy Spirit`s empowerment for divine assignment
Holy Spirit, I accept your personality in my life. I pray you help me to know you, love you, fellowship with you and obey your will and leading in my life in Jesus name. Amen